eat, pray, love

I absolutely, unexpectedly, loved this book. I alternately cried and laughed out loud, and could not put it down until I was finished.



It's the first time in a long time that I underlined passages. Or would have had it not been borrowed, instead I copied them here:

It is better to live your own destiny perfectly than to live an imitation of someone else's life with perfection.

Just as there exists in writing a literal truth and a poetic truth, there also exists in a human body a literal anatomy and a poetic anatomy. One, you can see; one you can't. One is made of bones and teeth and flesh; the other is made of energy and memory and faith. But they are both equally true.

You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.

And my favorite one:

Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment