artichoke and oyster soup

So, since I've been a grown up and away from New Orleans for so long, I find myself wanting to recreate food from home. One of the things I've been wanting to cook for a while is some artichoke and oyster soup (I love cooking soups and stews, big pots of anything). I'd printed out all the recipes I could find for this, with the idea of combining pieces of them and experimenting until I found what I was looking for, but then I saw this recipe. The picture looked exactly like I remember it should, so I just went ahead with it as is last night. The result: spectacular. I threw the rest of the recipes away, and made a few little notes on this one, adding quantities, since the recipe has a lot of "to taste".

Here it is:


Oyster and Artichoke Soup

1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 can Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup

1 package (16 oz) beef broth

1 c. heavy whipping cream

1/4 tsp. tarragon

1/4 tsp. rosemary

3 (14 oz.) cans quartered artichoke heart, with juice

2 (8 oz.) cans oysters, with juice

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1 medium size yellow onion, chopped

1 bell pepper, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

3 tsp. minced garlic

1/2 stick butter

1/2 tsp. salt

Melt butter. Saute celery, onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter. When onions are translucent, add cans of soup, beef broth, and whipping cream.

Let warm on low-medium heat (10-20 minutes). Add artichokes to soup.

Now, add herbs, salt, and pepper. Taste. Add more if needed. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.

Add oysters (chopped or whole) and juice of oysters. Cook for 10 more minutes on medium heat.

Make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment