blueberry banana muffins


I had a bunch of overripe bananas and didn’t want to throw them away, so I went hunting for a vegan banana bread recipe. And then I went googling for a simple vegan banana bread because I didn’t have lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or anything like that. And viola. Simple Vegan Banana Bread.

This recipe is interesting because it doesn’t use any oil or butter, just flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and bananas. I substituted soymilk for the water, added about a cup and a half of frozen blueberries to the batter, and baked it in a silicon muffin pan for 35 minutes.




The consistency came out very moist and chewy and not at all bread-like. To be honest, I don’t think I would have liked it at all without the blueberries. With them it was good for a healthy-ish breakfast food, especially eaten hot with some vegan butter on top.


Whenever I decide to make a recipe, I copy it into Word, add a link to the original, save it, and print it out. That way I  so that I can write down my changes directly on the recipe, then pop it through the 3-hole punch, and file away in my recipe binder for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment